Fort Mill Town Hall is being restricted to employees, the municipal court is closing, burn permits are not being issued, and the utilities office has been closed to the public. But customers can use drive-through lanes to make payments or pay building permits or business licenses.
That’s a quick summary of the newest changes from the Town of Fort Mill. Here is the official press release from Tuesday with more announcements:
Changes to Town of Fort Mill Operations
March 17, 2020- The Town of Fort Mill is working to provide normal services amid the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), though some procedures have changed. Please see below for all current changes to Town operations:
- Fort Mill Town Hall (200 Tom Hall St.) will be restricted only to employees. Customers can use our two drive-through lanes to make utility and municipal court payments or to pay for building permits or business licenses. Please follow signage to the correct lane.
- Municipal Court is closed until further notice.
- We are encouraging the public to only visit the Police Department lobby for emergency situations. All other issues, such as printing reports, can be done online. For non-emergency situations, please call (803) 547-2022 for information. For emergency situations, please call 911.
- The Fire Department is operating for emergency situations only. Burn permits are not being issued at this time. For non-emergency situations, please call (803) 547-5511 for information. For emergency situations, please call 911.
- The Utilities office is closed to the public. Please call (803) 547-7158 for any non-billing questions. For billing questions, contact the Town’s Business Office at (803) 547-2034.
- The Town is currently suspending any non-payment disconnects of service at this time.
- All water and wastewater services are operating as normal.
- The Public Works office is closed to the public. Please call (803) 547-7158 for any questions you may have.
- All trash and recycling pickup is currently running as scheduled.
Parks & Recreation:
- All Town parks and facilities (at Walter Y Elisha, Steele Street and Harris Street parks) and the Fort Mill Community Center (Formerly Banks Street Gym) are closed until further notice. Park entrances have been barricaded at parking lots. Anyone found in a park will be asked to leave.
- All Parks and Recreation Youth & Adults sports programs are suspended until April 12.
Planning & Building Departments:
- The Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 17 has been cancelled.
- Effective immediately, all commission and board meetings are cancelled.
- The Planning and Building departments are still providing services, though the procedures may have changed. For more information about these new procedures, visit the homepage of the Town of Fort Mill’s website or call (803) 547-2034.
The Town is continuing to monitor the situation and is staying updated on information released by agencies such as the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Please refer to both agencies for real-time information and answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the disease, including this CDC website explaining how the virus spreads and the best ways to protect yourself: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
Please keep an eye on the Town’s website (www.fortmillsc.gov) and social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) for further information.